The procedures below govern the procedure for financial aid awards to applicants wishing to participate with the Northern Virginia Hockey Club.
1. Applicants must submit a completed financial aid application and all supporting documentation to the Scholarship Review Committee no later than September 1st (postmarked).
2. The application is located on the NVHC website at the bottom of this page.
3. Completed applications should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL,” and sent to:
Scholarship Review Committee
Northern Virginia Hockey Club
P.O. Box 7316
Alexandria, VA 22307
. The Scholarship Review Committee appointed by the NVHC Board of Directors will evaluate each aid request based upon the completed application and available funds. Need will be assessed based upon the application and supporting materials submitted.
5. Only applications completed in full and submitted on time will be considered.
6. The number of scholarships available is a season-by-season decision of the Board of Directors.
7. The Scholarship Review Committee will make scholarship recommendations to the NVHC Board at a regularly scheduled board meeting. Such recommendations shall include all relevant supporting detail and information.
8. The NVHC Board of Directors will receive recommendations from the Scholarship Review Committee and, at its discretion, may award financial scholarships.
9. Applicants will be notified in writing within two weeks of the Board’s decision.