Registration Open for Skills and Drills Sessions at Mt. Vernon
10/17/2020, 4:15pm EDT
By NVHC Board of Directors
We have scheduled our skills and drills pilot program to begin in October and have now opened registration for a month-to-month skills and drills program that will begin in November. As a first step for implementing this program, we have opened registration to determine player interest. Once a player has registered interest, we will divide players into age and ability groups and direct them to their final registration where the monthly fee will then need to be paid. This is similar to the approach we have used in seasons past when first conducting general registration and then conducting specific team registration.
If the pilots go as planned, we will begin the full skills and drills program on November. 7, 2020. Each group of players will have two ice sessions per week. These sessions will be conducted at Mount Vernon Rec Center with one session each on Saturday and Sunday. Monthly cost for the program will be based upon $20/player/session. For November, the total cost per player will be $120 to reflect six ice sessions. Once money is paid for a monthly session, it is non-refundable.
Details of the Skills and Drills Program
- This Program will not include any competition-based drills, games, or scrimmages. All participants (players and coaches) will need to remain 6-10 feet apart on the ice during drills.
- We will plan for each Age/Ability Group to participate in two ice sessions per week. These will occur on the weekend at Mount Vernon. Age Group ice times will start with the youngest players in the morning and the oldest players later in the day. Exact ice times of the sessions will be determined after we have gathered player interest.
- Ice times for each session will be one hour.
- Players should come mostly dressed as we are only allowed into the arena 10 minutes prior to our ice slot and must be out of the arena 10 minutes after our ice slot. Goalies may use the locker rooms.
- Ice sessions will be limited to 30 total skaters (including coaches).
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the rink during the sessions. Parents of younger players can enter the facility to tie skates but then must exit.
- Coaches and other volunteers will wear masks while in the building (to include while on the ice). Players may only remove masks while they are on the ice.
- Parents will be required to complete a COVID health screening form prior to their players entering the Mount Vernon facility. Parents and volunteers entering the facility must also complete the screening.
- All individuals entering the Mount Vernon facility will be subject to a temperature check prior to entry.
Please register your player by October 22nd so we can let Mt. Vernon know how much ice we need in November.
Thank you to all our Ice Dog players, coaches, volunteers, and families for your understanding, patience and cooperation while we develop a plan for the 20/21 season that can be safely and effectively implemented in the weeks and months ahead.